Welcome to the Lucky Rescue Zoo Home Page!
Picture the wide-eyed wonder on a child’s face upon meeting a living, breathing giraffe, something she's only seen on a digital screen before. Or the wonder of encountering a ferret that is looking at you with the same curiosity you have about him. These are the moments that tell the story of the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It is these connections that spark the desire to protect and save species. Here is how to help animals.
Our goal is to provide our community a safe and fun environment where you can come connect with each other and experience amazing wildlife. While many of your favorite rides and animal interactions are open, for the safety of our team, guests and animals some attractions may be closed during our modified operations. Here is how to be safe at the zoo.
The safety of our guests, employees and animals is a top priority. We have a zero tolerance policy for aggressive behaviors along with well-defined and effective consequences for violators. Consistent with this policy, any type of acts or threats of physical violence, including intimidation, harassment and/or coercion will not be tolerated. Additionally any discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status will not be tolerated.
“Wildlife conservation through education and participation.”
To support that mission, we focus on:
- Caring responsibly, professionally and passionately for our animals
- Connecting visitors to the natural world through a relevant, unique and enjoyable Zoo experience
- Educating diverse audiences through authentic learning activities and through our on-going partnership with Brevard Public Schools and other educational providers
- Inspiring and engaging our community in conservation action through participation
- Achieving conservation results by working directly with Florida species, supporting international programs and developing training programs and workshops
- Contributing to the financial health of the region through prudent, accountable and entrepreneurial management
Things to Do
- Hands-on ferret and hedgehog petting zoo
- Tour buss around the zoo
- Take a tour of our zoo with your own personal guide
- Animal feeding
- Giraffe talent show
- Eat in our diner surrounded by wildlife
Each time you visit the Lucky Rescue Zoo and Safari Park, donate to a project, purchase an item from us, or share what you know about wildlife and conservation, you help us take another step in achieving our mission.
74 Bulldog Boulevard
Melbourne FL 32901
Hours of operation: 8:00 AM -7:00 PM